Here are frequently asked questions relating to Digitalization. Click on a question below to see the answer
Answers to Common Questions
- What is Digital Transformation?
What is Digital Transformation?
A frequently asked question in both IT and non-IT circles
Digital Transformation is a 4IR technology phenomenon that is affecting lives of people in many different ways hence there is no "one size fits all" definition of Digital Transformation or Digitalisation.Digital Transformation involves migration from legacy business systems to using modern innovative technologies
In simpler terms, Digital Transformation is the process followed by Companies in choosing and implementing the best of latest Information & Communications Technology to improve efficiencies in their business operations.Businesses are analysed and Digital Transformation or Digitalisation solutions are then implemented based on the unique requirements of a Business.
Examples of digital technologies contributing to Digital Transformation in 4IR are:
-Smart Mobile devices
-Internet of Things (IoT) platforms
-Location detection technologies
-Advanced human-machine interfaces (mostly in SCADA and MES)
-Advanced Authentication and fraud detection security systems
-Big Data analytics
-Software Managed Networks
History of Industrial Revolutions
- What is the difference between eBusiness and eCommerce?
eBusiness stands for electronic Business. An eBusiness is the type of business designed and built to provide Digital Commerce services. eBusiness is not the same as eCommerce.
An eBusiness solution primarily focuses on the internal management functions and processes of an organization. The platform for an eBusiness solution is a corporate-wide communications network that provides e-connectivity with people based on standard protocols, standard computer servers and peripheral equipment. This network can also extend to link up with other partners and suppliers using the Internet. Above the network sits an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) application. This is normally a robust application that collectively manages all organization's resources including people, finances, operations, sales etc. This application can also run through a website interface resulting in what is called an Intranet. It becomes an extranet when it connects external parties.
The web-based ERP solution for an organization can also be linked up with a Customer Relationship Management Database (CRM). A CRM is a single source of customer data that is designed to feed into other ERP applications so as to support functions like order-taking, sales, customer service, production and marketing
eCommerce on the other hand provides the ability to sell and buy using Internet websites and other online tools. e-Commerce is part of an e-Business.
- What types of eBusiness models are used today?
Business to Business (B2B)
Business to Consumer (B2C)
Business to Employee (B2E)
Business to Learner (B2L)
Consumer to Consumer (C2C)
Business to Government (B2G)
Government to Citizen (G2C)
Government to Government (G2G)
Peer to Peer (P2P)
- What are the benefits of digitalisation in eBusiness today?
- Use now and pay later - most of digitalisation services are rented services e.g. cloud so you can only pay for what you want to use
- Improved operational efficiencies - all things have become faster using internet and mobile devices
- Low cost of ownership - no more need to invest money into large and expensive computer equipment
- Improved economies of scale - it makes more business sense
- Who uses Digitalisation in eBusiness?
- Organisations that are adopting the latest Internet of Everythng (IoE) into their strategies
- Organisations that want to conduct business beyond geographic limitations
- Organisations that want to improve service delivery to their Clients using latest technology
- Organisations that prioritize on business continuity during pandemics
- How are eBusiness solutions beneficial during pandemics?
- Staff will be able to work from anywhere and avoid congested offices
- Buying and selling can be done from anywhere without direct human physical contact
- Goods bought can be delivered using autonomous transport systems
- Learners can study from anywhere without congesting classrooms
- Teams can have meetings from anywhere without physically meeting in congested rooms
- AfriDigital Consultants can manage delivery of projects using virtual methods and online conferencing thus avoiding human proximity
- Pandemic management can be done using autonomous transport systems
- How can I get help with Digitalisation & eBusiness solutions?
AfriDigital Consultants are here to help you.
They will analyse your business processes to identify pain-points or drawbacks and document them in a business requirements document. Thereafter they will design appropriate Digital eBusiness solutions to address the identified issues. The solutions will then be implemented as projects or managed services
- How can I contact Consultants of AfriDigital Holding?